Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mid-week Blues and Horrifying Realization

It's Wednesday. I am sitting here in my office realizing that there are still 2 more days until the weekend and Saturday. The weather has been fantastic the past couple of days and I've wanted nothing more than to be out in it, but between work and school, it just hasn't happened. I had every intention of going to the gym last night, but then my stomach started giving me fits and... well, it just wasn't a pretty picture.


I want to be out on the road when the temps are 60 degrees and the wind is blowing only lightly. But it looks like this weekend is going to be cold again. I have the gear for it now, but it is so much better to have nice weather when you run. Not being able to get out in the nice weather is kinda bringing me down. It's midweek and I don't have the time today to even go to the gym. Tomorrow is a gym day, but it's not the same.





Sitting here, I came to a horrifying realization. Today is the 25th and there are only 39 more days until the Little Rock Half Marathon! That is 4 more training runs to try to get up to par! Then a week off before the run! My foot injury has really put me behind the curve -- WAY behind. The realization is that I won't make it to the milage I wanted to before the race and this worries me. I have to put out all the effort I can, but I am also worried about overtraining. And while my foot is much better, I don't want to push it and re-injure it. So I feel like I am on a very thin tightrope. So, Instead of 5 miles on Saturday, I want to try for 7. And add a mile to each Saturday run after that, putting me at 10 miles on the 18th. I hope that I can manage this. But whatever I manage, it will have to be enough. Times like these, going out on untried distances... it scares me quite a bit. So I have to have faith that I can keep going and do my best. I don't want to conk out after 4 miles again!

1 comment: